Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring in February


Mother Nature must have mixed up the dates. Felt more like March 21st than February 21st today. Here in Portland, it was sunny, warm and just plain beautiful.

After I tended to my worm herd: added a tier, bedding and a little food. Olivia and I started the early afternoon with a bit of gardening. She unpacked and moved our weatherized hydrangea plants back to the front door and I planted some flowers that would make it in the early warm weather. I'm especially interested to see how the hollyhocks do. They were a favorite of my grandma Nellie and I could use something that will grow in some hard soil.

I was inspired so I demanded that we also take the grill out of the garage and get some steaks on. Haven't seen bone-in steaks at the regular store recently so we made a special trip to Laurelhurst market for their steak selection. A bit pricey but we ended up with 2 T-bones just under 2 pounds each. A great meal, check out the pics. I hear its snowing in some parts of the country....




0 comments: