Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finally.. a Steak

Finger is feeling better. Been without the splint for a day or so. It was a big hassle. Hopefully the finger is now healed. I don't know how much time will have to pass before I'm not worried anymore. It wasn't acting up 100% of the time BEFORE the doctor.

Started the late afternoon by going to an informational session about a city job I'm going to apply for. I'm a great candidate, but we'll see if I even get an interview... keep you posted.

Was pretty excited about how well the information session went so I scooped up Olivia and we went down to Ringside (Downtown location) for Steaks. It's an old fashioned steakhouse with leather handles on the door, lots of wood, a fireplace.. classic. Lots of nationwide "Top 10" steak awards. They're known for their onion rings so we got the "half" order that was enough for 2 people.. or 5.

Olivia got a Porterhouse, I went with the Bone-In Ribeye. When given a choice, always get the bone. It helps make a tastier steak. I ordered rare with no butter and it came out great. Olivia got the normal style in a medium rare.. and was suprised when she didn't like it. (She eats rare meat). They quickly prepared another, in rare, and now she doesn't have steak doneness ordering priveledges.

We also got a great bottle of Oregon's own Pinot Noir off the orphaned list. (clearance). VERY nice bottle of wine. it was an older 2004, so I didnt really want to memorize it since it could be expensive to find more.