Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swan Lake

Hectic weekend. I've been putting off blogging because so much happened, but now I realized I am just procrastinating. Therefore, I'm going to break it up into smaller posts... lets see how it works.


I surprised Olivia with tickets to the Oregon Ballet's presentation of Swan Lake on Friday Night. She was a ballet dancer for her entire young life, so I could see her eyes pop out when we saw the ad on TV thursday night.
The next morning I checked TicketBastard and there were affordable seats made available in the 2nd balcony (after they sold out the rest). But TB wanted $16 for the convienence of telling the box office to hold my tickets. (20% of the total cost of the tickets). Instead, I took the bus down for $2 and scored some great aisle seats.

Olivia was late coming home on friday and was shocked when she learned she had to get ready to go in 20 minutes. She did a great job, she looked amazing (note to self: obviously going slow 90% of the other times we need to be somewhere!!!) and we took the bus down to the performance as well.

Olivia loved it. I managed to stay awake by getting up every intermission and walking around. I was excited to be able to use public transportation to go to an event so easily.

0 comments: