Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, October 24, 2008

So Olivia and I had our first day of Catholic Pre-Marriage class. (few hours today, whole day on saturday). It was pretty unremarkable except for a big faux pas when I shouted out what I thought was a funny comment without thinking....

The teacher says something to the effect of "I write notes to my husband telling him I love him, for instance, I always put one in his tackle box when he goes on his yearly fishing trip."

I blurt out, "Does he read them?" Now, I know in retrospect I look like kind of an ass. But I am now stuck trying to figure out if it was better if she had or had NOT seen Brokeback Mountain. (which I havent). Because the whole ruse (SPOILER ALERT) is up when Heath Ledger's wife leaves him a note in his tackle box that he never reads so she KNOWS he's not actually doing any fishing on these fishing trips with Jake.


So.. better the teacher thinks I'm insensitive or that I think her husband might be gay??