Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, September 19, 2008

Couch Day!

So yesterday harkened the arrival of our long awaited couch. I had agreed before we left LA that I would be willing to leave the Ikea couch that had served me valiantly for 8 years. I did insist that we find an affordable couch made of solid construction in the United States. Our couch is 100% All-Oregon. People who claim they can't find stuff made in the United States are just lazy.



We also went to a Thursday location of the Portland Farmer's Market. We didn't buy that much, but we did buy a duck for our first fancy home cooked meal. I've never had an animal this fresh, It was slaughtered Thursday morning and the farmer told us NOT to cook it for a few days so it can "relax". Crazy. I thought it would be best to eat it right away, but I assume he knows what he's talkin' about.

Since we couldn't cook up Donald, we hit The Italian Joint on the way home. It was nice and quaint, but nothing special. Olivia's Crab and Artichoke Ravioli with Alfredo and Cheese looked alot better than my Chicken Marsala. I made the mistake of telling them I was lactose intolerant so my Caesar salad (which I can eat) was deconstructed. Blah.

0 comments: