Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fire Drill

Exciting weekend! We had a visit from the local fire department on Saturday! We had the entire apartment complex evacuated!

Saturday Night, Olivia is making us a nice steak dinner. It gets real smoky and eventually sets off our fire alarm. We can't get it shut off. We have all of our windows open and nothing works, so we open up the door to our hallway too. Soon, the entire building's fire alarm goes off and everyone evacuates. Building manager comes over to the apartment and we try to explain, can't do anything till the fire department arrives. I go outside to explain to people what happened, that everything is ok, and that I'm sorry. Everyone understands but they can't go back in because the entire building is in lockdown. One young lady asks me "Do you need some help cooking?" She's lucky I didn't rat her out to Olivia. Fire department comes running in with axes and equipment. I try to stop them, tell them there is no need to run but they go pounding on Olivia's door and turn everything off. Nice first impression with the neighbors, I think =)

Earlier on Saturday my desk was delivered from EcoPDX. Its really sweet. It looks awesome and I'm happy to have a desk again.

On Sunday, we went back to Apizza Scholls for Sicilian Sunday. Definitely prefer the regular selection over this pan style. But it was worth noting because they sell OLDSTYLE in tallboy cans! We went right before the Bears game so I was excited. Old Style and a Bears win.. woo!

Bears: They are tied for 1st place in the NFC North with a Sunday Night WIN over the Eagles!!!
White Sox: They have driven me to the brink this week. A 2.5 game lead with one week to go has become being behind 0.5 games. They have to win on Monday for the right to play a game on Tuesday against Minnesota to get into the playoffs. They've been a real disappointment. This was the first game they won IN A WEEK. The team has NO heart. I don't know why I keep watching...

1 comments:

Bee said...

:( You watch because you hope.

As for the fire drill, why wasn't Olivia out of the building? Oh and if your apartment doesn't ventilate well what's gonna happen on a regular basis?

Hey the market sucks and buying a house now might be a great deal if you can get a low price. Maybe you better not unpack 100% yet.